Copenhagen Prospective studies on Asthma in Childhood (COPSAC) is seeking a skilled postdoc with experience within neuropsychiatry and data analysis to work on our COPSYCH research project.
COPSYCH (COpenhagen Prospective Study on Neuro-PSYCHiatric Development) is a Danish multidisciplinary, translational alliance between Copenhagen Prospective Studies on Asthma in Childhood (COPSAC) and Center for Clinical Intervention and Neuropsychiatric Schizophrenia Research (CINS). The COPSYCH project includes a comprehensive 10 year’s visit with thorough examination of brain development, structure and function including in-depth neuropsychiatric evaluation with cognitive tests, magnetic resonance brain scans and assessment of psychiatric symptoms of all 700 children in the COPSAC2010 cohort. This will be compared to longitudinally collected data both from the mother during pregnancy and from the children throughout childhood, which provide a unique resource to reveal causal risk factors. We have now completed the 10-year clinical examination of the children and are ready to start analyzing the vast amount of data.
COPSAC is an internationally recognized clinical research centre consisting of approx. 55 employees. Our primary research focus areas are to uncover the causes of childhood asthma, allergy and eczema and improve prevention of the diseases. Our broader focus is to understand which early life factors that define inflammatory tendency and the risk of developing asthma and allergy, but also other chronic inflammatory diseases later in life. Recently, we have conducted two randomized studies with dietary supplements in pregnancy providing the possibility to study primary prevention of inflammatory diseases.
As a Postdoc at COPSAC you’ll
- Join the COPSYCH research group and contribute with the analysis of our complex clinical neuropsychriatric and cognition data
- Join a highly qualified team of psychiatrists, psychologists, bioinformaticians, medical doctors and many other competences
- Get the opportunity to create your own research profile based on your experience and interests
- Get the support of a large administrative team of data managers, IT support, and fundraising
- Be part of a well-functioning and inspiring workplace with a sincere and fun atmosphere
- Get loads of opportunities for bouncing ideas off colleagues and seeking advice
- You have a PhD or equivalent experience, likely within neuropsychiatry, psychology, neuroscience or similar
- You have extensive experience in performing and interpreting statistical analyses in R or equivalent analysis language and have many scalable tools at your disposal, including for multivariate visualization and statistical analysis.
- You are curious and passionate and would like to be in the frontline, where research makes a difference
- You’d like to join a team and help support the group, but are also comfortable working independently, exploring own ideas
- You enjoy communicating science, writing papers and exploring new ideas in grant proposals
Help make a difference
You will play a crucial role as a postdoctoral fellow in a highly interdisciplinary research environment, which publishes scientific articles in the highest-ranking international journals. We have strong ambitions with plenty of space for sparring and professional development. You will work within a team of colleagues who are all passionate about their work and proud of their achievements. The research group is in the limelight, internationally, and the research topic enjoys great public interest. We have an amazing transnational and informal working environment, characterized by a pleasant atmosphere.
Are you interested?
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Head of administration Marianne Mikkelsen (+45 38673636) or read more about the research center at: www.copsac.com
The position is a 2-year project position. Salary and employment will be by agreement and according to current rules in the Capital Region of Denmark.