Do you have a background in health sciences, epidemiology or biostatistical research? Do you enjoy working interdisciplinary in an ambitious clinical research environment characterized by a high academic level? Then we have a position for you.
We are looking for an ambitious and dedicated colleague to join our research group and work on both clinical data and real-world data from various sources, such as the Danish health registries. The candidate will also work on one of our EU funded collaborative research projects called HEDIMED. The HEDIMED consortium seeks to understand the interactions of disease-specific and shared environmental determinants in disease development. See more at hedimed.eu
COPSAC is an internationally recognized clinical research centre consisting of 45 employees. Our primary focus areas are to uncover the causes of childhood asthma, allergy and eczema for prevention. Our broader focus is to understand which early factors, define later trajectories for a wide range of chronic inflammatory diseases. We follow 1100 children and their families very closely in our own research unit and have longitudinal clinical data and biological samples collected over the last 20 years. In addition, we collaborate with a wide range of partners, both national and international, and have a rich collection of genetic, epigenetic, microbiological and immunological data. Furthermore, the Danish patient registry and other records are also included as a data layer in our studies and we participate in multiple international consortia.
- Participation in a research environment at a high international level
- Possibility to contribute to high-ranking publications
- Possibility to be a leader in projects that suit your skills / professional profile
- Possess the opportunity to gain experience in guidance and international collaboration
- Research support from data managers, IT support, fundraising, economics, etc.
- Enter a well-functioning, unpretentious and inspiring workplace with good work-life balance
- Relevant educational background within e.g. health sciences or biostatistics
- Background in data analysis focusing on human registries
- Experience in performing and interpreting statistical analyses in R or equivalent analysis language (regression models, survival analysis and the like)
- You have a biological and / or medical understanding.
- Curious, passionate and keen to be in the front line, where research makes a difference
- Dedicated, ambitious and capable of initiating self-propelled progress
- Thrives in an interdisciplinary working environment characterized by high academic level and a dynamic everyday life, where the focus can change according to the research results
- Able to communicate complex analyses and results to colleagues with non-technical background
- Be sure to seek and absorb new knowledge
- Strong communicator in general and especially safe by communicating in English both verbally and in writing
Make a difference
You will play a crucial role as PhD or postdoc in a highly interdisciplinary research environment. You will work in a team of colleagues who are all passionate about their work and proud of their achievements. The research group has international awareness and the area enjoys great public interest. We have a great working environment, characterized by a good mood and an informal atmosphere. We have high ambitions with plenty of space for sparring and professional development.
Are you interested?
The position is a 2- or 3-year project position. Application deadline is March 1, 2021. Salary and employment will be by agreement and according to current rules in the Capital Region of Denmark.